Old December 1st 12, 01:26 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Alan Browne

Default Sony tells DSLR shooters they're idiots

On 2012.12.01 00:41 , Gary Eickmeier wrote:

Interesting you said that - I stumbled upon a function of Elements that
sorta converted any JPG into a RAW file and allowed you to edit it the same
as any RAW image. Do you know what I mean?

Yes. But you can't recover lost information so that particular raw
image is no better than the JPEG.

So, no you can't "... edit it the same as any raw image" because it does
not contain all the information of a camera original raw image.

Face it. JPEG's are handy, smaller and quicker. There is a price for
that and as such things go it is quantity and quality that are lost.

--
"There were, unfortunately, no great principles on which parties
were divided – politics became a mere struggle for office."