Old November 6th 08, 07:57 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Pete D

Default 25 Reasons to Choose a P&S Camera Instead Of an Overpriced DSLR (minor typo corrections)

"Toby" wrote in message

"B?wser" wrote in message

"Carl_Devonston" wrote in message
On Wed, 5 Nov 2008 07:26:30 -0500, "B?wser" wrote:

Wow. Thanks to this post, I expect to see all those big white and black
lenses at the football games, PJ events, etc start to disappear and
soon!
Now that they know that a simple P&S will do a better job at capturing
pro
football than their silly SLRs, why would they keep them?

As they improve and as more people realize how much more efficient they
are for
all purposes, then yes you will see D/SLRs disappear. Just as you saw
all
view-cameras disappear nearly a century ago at all major events.

Get it?

Yeah, sure. Call me when you see a Panasonic FZ28 show up on the
sidelines of a night football game. I shoot HS sports in weak lighting,
and I need to shoot at ISO 6400. Yeah. I get it.

You are obviously not a "Real Pro" like the OP. With a little more skill
perhaps he will soon be able to acquire his stunning images (none of which
has ever been seen) without a camera at all!

Toby

Spoken like a true non believer, he has them of course, lots of them but he
does not have to justify himself by showing them here. ;-)