Old June 9th 06, 04:06 AM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Please, why is sky washed out?

On Thu, 8 Jun 2006 07:34:13 -0400, "Celcius" wrote:

"Jack Mac" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 23:48:16 GMT, "JohnR66" wrote:

The solution in a situation where the subject was dark on a sunny, clear

day
was to use a polarizer filter and dial in -1 of exposure (under expose by
one stop). Using RAW too would have helped as the sky was still not as

blue
as I wanted.
John

"Celcius" wrote in message
Hi everyone!

Why is the sky washed out while my wife with a point and shoot gets

blue
skys?
It seems to me the sky was quite blue when I took this photo:
http://celestart.com/images/publiques/15.jpg

Any ideas? Recommendations?

Thanks,

Marcel

You say your wife's point and shoot camera gets blue sky.
Why not just use her camera? Is the DSLR really worth all
the extra effort?
Jack Mac

Good question, Jack.

However, I bought a DSLR to use it and to learn photography. Otherwise, I
would have bought a P&S. This is also why I come to this forum as well as
alt.photography, rec.photo.digital.slr-systems, to learn and to seek help
from more knowledgeable than I.

I find this pastime quite interesting. It also allowed me to work with
Photoshop (7.0, CS1 and now CS2). When I think that so many retired people
hang around shopping centers for lack of something better to do....

Take care,

Marcel

Marcel,
My post was really intended to be tongue-in-cheek meaning that if the
wife's point and shoot camera can capture a blue sky, your Rebel XT
should be able to do it too..... and without all the filters etc.
It will be a learning experience for you.
I also have a Rebel XT and still have a lot to learn about it.
This has been an interesting thread!

Jack Mac