Old November 25th 04, 08:38 AM
Colin D

Derideo wrote:

I am planning on having a series of prints from my Epson 1280 that were
printed on Epson paper using Epson inks dry mounted. Since the press uses
temperatures up to 350 degrees I was wondering if the inks can handle that
heat. The frame shop that does my dry mounting was unsure of an answer.
Has anyone done this? Thanks.

Norm

In my pro days I did a lot of dry mounting, and never went anywhere near 350
degrees. That is an absurd temperature for dry-mounting. All modern
dry-mount tissue is designed to work with PE (plastic-coated) papers, at about
180- 190 deg. F., as also is texturizing film.

Choose or make a test print and get the shop to mount it with Seal (tm) or
similar tissue at 185 deg. and check the result.

Colin.