Old November 25th 04, 10:50 AM
Ryadia

"Colin D" wrote in message

In my pro days I did a lot of dry mounting, and never went anywhere near

350
degrees. That is an absurd temperature for dry-mounting. All modern
dry-mount tissue is designed to work with PE (plastic-coated) papers, at

about
180- 190 deg. F., as also is texturizing film.

Choose or make a test print and get the shop to mount it with Seal (tm) or
similar tissue at 185 deg. and check the result.

Colin.

Why bother with heat anyway?
I've been using a vacuum mounting press with EVA adheasive sprayed on the
board for most of this year and never had a failure. When I used a heat
press I got failures and high costs. Should be a heap of framers using
vacuum. None around my way use heat presses.