Old November 15th 14, 04:27 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paweł Daniluk

Default Travel Camera

W dniu .11.2014 o 13:55 Trundle . pisze:

I'm travelling to Nepal next year to do some trekking and am looking to
whether I should upgrade my Panasonic Lumix TZ10? I would ideally want to
take my Canon EOS 70D but it is just too big and bulky, so am looking
for a
camera which will best capture the landscapes/people/wildlife. A useful
zoom
range would be good too!
TIA

Hello,

you may also consider Olympus/Panasonic micro 3/4 standard. I'm using
Olympus PEN EPL3, which is rather low-end but I'm satisfied with it,
especially when it's paired with 45 mm 1.8 lens which is great for
portraits. You might also consider OM-D series which have replaced DSLR in
Olympus product range, but they are priced accordingly.

Since it's mirroless, the body is compact and there is a selection of
lens. For starters you could exchange kit zoom with pancake 14‑42 mm
1:3.5‑5.6 EZ. For portraits I would recommend 45 mm 1.8 prime lens. For
landscapes there is a 12mm 2.0 wide-angle prime lens, but I don't have it.
It's rather pricey, but there are some positive reviews though.

Additionally, you can also attach older 3/4 lens via adapter. They are
usually cheaper and there is a bigger second hand market for them than for
m3/4 mount.

Regards