Old August 26th 04, 05:44 PM
Ron Hunter

Joseph Meehan wrote:

Digital Photo wrote:

I want to use a GPS to record the location where I took a picture. Do any

of

you know of one that records the location, and time when the waypoint is
marked?

I had to go check, but my Magellan GPS 315 does record the date and time
for waypoints. It makes sense since it has to know the exact date and time
to determine the location. It is not on all the displays however. I had to
look to find it.

I have found some interesting uses for it. For example my girlfriend is
into genealogy and I am able to not only find small graveyards on old maps
that are now in the back 40 of some farmer's fields, but I am able to then
mark the exact spot of a specific stone so the location can be found later.
The time and date was has not been all that important, but now, I know I can
mark and photograph a item and not bother making up a name or writing down
information at that time because, I can figure it out later by using the
time on the GPS and Photo.

Just make SURE you sychronize the camera time to the GPS before you go
out as the clocks in most cameras aren't all that accurate while that in
the GPS is set by the atomic clock in the GPS satellite.