Old September 2nd 18, 03:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default Nikon D5 vs Sony A9

On 9/1/2018 1:47 PM, Sandman wrote:
In article , wrote:

Savageduck:
Which market share, all digital camera market share, or FF MILC
market share?

Neil:
https://www.slrlounge.com/cipa-relea...hare-of-dslrs-
vs-mirrorless

I wonder what that number will be in 12 months, once the Nikon,
Canon, (maybe) Panasonic, and Sony cams are all competing?

Maybe? There will be an announcement from Panasonic in three weeks:

https://www.43rumors.com/ft5-panason...st-full-frame-
system-camera-on-september-25/

This is some of the most encouraging news I've seen an a long time. I've
held on to my Leica R and lenses hoping for a FF digital body (since the
R8/9 and digital back were under-performing compared to other digital
cameras) and other FFs with Leica adapters have unsatisfactory
compromises. If this one takes R lenses "natively", they have a
sale-in-waiting! ;-)

--
best regards,

Neil