Old December 16th 12, 09:46 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Robert Coe

Default D600 shots are soft in Dpreview tests

On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:33:47 -0500, wrote:
: On Sat, 15 Dec 2012 20:04:59 +1100, "Trevor" wrote:
:
:
: "Anthony Polson" wrote in message
: .. .
: The Nikon D800 is noisier than the D600, not surprising given
: that it has 50% more pixels crammed into the same area.
:
: Only before the D800 image is averaged back to the same number of pixels
: as the D600. Then the noise is pretty much the same. The D800 simply
: gives you the option of more pixels when noise is not an issue, with
: about the same noise per pixel.
: The only real benefit I can see of the D600 is the price.
:
: Trevor.
:
:
: Saves space too, raw pic's average 26m so you can get more pic's per card,
: and save some HD space.
:
: You can also save money on remote shooting, since it uses the cheap IR
: remote, the 800 doesn't and requires the expensive radio one!

I've used the IR remote on my Canons, and it's a nice feature to have. But it
works only if the trigger is in front of the camera, so I'm not sure it's a
substitute for a radio remote, which would presumably be omni-directional.

Bob