Old May 6th 14, 01:21 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
J. Clarke[_2_]

Default New development in photography

In article , cral.elllwood2
@btopenworld.com says...

On Sun, 04 May 2014 11:19:14 -0400, PeterN wrote:

I think that geese are outright liars. I made a deal that I would not
crap on the grass where they walked and ate, if they would not crap on
the sidewalk. I kept my part of the deal, but they didn't keep theirs.
Any thoughts on appropriate retaliation?

Eat them?

Back in the mid '80s I took some classes at UConn. There was a lake on
campus known to the students as "duck *beep* pond" (only the students
didn't beep the expletive). One proposal at the time was to hold a game
dinner night. With more than 20,000 students on campus this would have
resolved the problem in short order. Of course, being a university,
numerous objections were raised, ranging from food-safety to animal
rights, and so that never happened. A quick google of "Uconn goose
problem" found that as of 2009 they were still working on it.

Personally if I were running UCONN I'd have put out a poll of the
students, giving them three choices--kill the geese, fill the pond, or
volunteer to shovel goose *beep*.