Old April 30th 14, 09:35 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Anyone know of a time-lapse controller for an Olympus E300 &E5?

On 2014.04.29, 21:58 , Peter Jason wrote:
Not to be one of these, which I have tried twice.
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...e_Control.html

You could also look into TriggerTrap which is controlled by an iPhone or
Android. A lot of options, a bit of a learning curve for some of the
modes. I've used it for a few things - esp. triggering with sound.
Triggering with movement (detected by the iPhone camera/Triggertrap
thence tripping the camera shutter) has been a little hit and miss.
Well mostly miss. I haven't tested the latest version of the free app
in this regard recently.

Functions: time lapse, series, distance moved (to record while moving in
a vehicle, for example), sound trigger, bulb ramping, vibration or
motion sensor, facial recognition (sees a face, takes a photo), WiFi
triggering (not sure how that works haven't looked into it). Also does
press/hold/release (bulb), tap to open shutter/tap to close shutter.

Some of those work on the app in an iPhone or Android with the device
camera. Some require the trigger device and ext. camera attachment.
(about $50 or so). http://triggertrap.com/

Check their website for connectors - they don't show your camera models,
but select one that is close and then see if the connector looks right.

--
"Big data can reduce anything to a single number,
but you shouldn’t be fooled by the appearance of exactitude."