Old April 6th 14, 04:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Alan Browne

Default Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?

On 2014.04.06, 11:10 , Tony Cooper wrote:

It seems that only Floyd has kept the original poster's question in
mind. The poster didn't ask what OS or what software would be an
improvement on what he has. He asked what can be done to work with
what he has.

Floyd - presumably - did a good job in answering this. I say
"presumably" because I use neither Linux nor Gimp and don't know how
practical Floyd's response was.

It's too bad that questions like the original poster's get diverted
into battles over OS and software with the same old points being
rehashed over-and-over. Nothing new was brought up.

I replied to the OP and I pointed out that the UFRaw settings that were
displayed looked a bit off to me, and one in particular (WB) was
suspicious. I told the OP to make some adjustments to get (closer) to a
baseline position. Since I no longer have the Gimp (or Linux)
installed, I didn't take it further to test the settings that he had.

He did not reply to that - so I wonder:

1) Were we trolled? (Again).

2) Who's the troll? (And I have my suspicions).

--
... it may be that "in the cloud" really isn't the best term
for the services these companies offer. What they really