Old April 6th 14, 01:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Any Minolta/Sony users using UFRaw and GIMP?

In article 201404060047514157-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom, Savageduck
wrote:

Everyone that lacks any idea of what
an image editor should do buys this, so you too buy
this! I buy what will best produce the results I need.

Actually that is what I do.

You might, but when you advise others that is not what
you say.

I made my buying choices after serious and deliberate consideration
including taking a hard look at GIMP.
You made yours based on what would fit your Linux model, without even
running any of the Win or OSX software. You seem to be quite ignorant
of the current capabilities and features of PS CS6/CC.

not only is he ignorant of what photoshop can and cannot do (any
version, not just cs6) as well as what other apps are available on both
platforms, but he's also very ignorant about mac and windows
themselves.

i can't help but notice that just about everyone who claims the gimp is
great has never used anything else. it's all they know.

on the other hand, those who actually have used both the gimp and other
apps can readily see just how limited and clunky the gimp really is.