Old March 20th 14, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Robert Coe

Default Adams at The Getty

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014 04:11:01 GMT, Jeff wrote:
: Savageduck wrote in
: news:2014031622253916211-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom:
:
: It looks like a drive down to The Getty might be worth taking.
:
: http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/B...Adams-photos-o
: n-display-5323226.php
:
: http://www.getty.edu/visit/exhibitions/future.html
:
:
: There is an exhibition of his work in Indianapolis this Summer, also.
:
: http://www.eiteljorg.org/explore/exh...ns/ansel-adams

Martha and I have seen two (quite different) Adams exhibits in the Boston area
in the past eight or ten years. Both were well worth seeing. Watch for the
enormous murals he did for some San Francisco bank and for the picture of one
of the minor falls in (I think) Yosemite, where he overprinted a mirror image
to enhance the effect. Adams is one of the more interesting photographers of
his time. Like Benjamin Franklin, he was arguably born too early to get the
most out of his life. If Adams were, say, fifty years old today, he might be
the world's leading expert on Photoshop.

Bob