Old November 29th 08, 08:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_7_]

Default Renumbering sequence of filenames?

Just D wrote:
Well, why don't you use the template like yyyy-mm-dd-hh-mm-ss to
rename all your photos? I found that very convenient. It's pretty
easy to get this info from the image itself. I started doing that
several years ago and found that pretty convenient. It's extremely
useful when you want to reorder the whole collection of photos by
date/location/event, etc. I usually keep a separate folder with a
silimar name: "YY-MM-DD ventName" and all photos inside are belonging
to this event.

Just D.

An excellent suggestion - one I use myself G

I use PIE to do this automatically:

http://www.picmeta.com/

Cheers,
David