Old July 27th 08, 07:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Marco Tedaldi[_6_]

Default Renumbering sequence of filenames?

Paul Furman wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:
On Thu, 24 Jul 2008 19:30:45 +0100, Lobster
wrote:

Curious as to why this makes a real difference to you?

When putting together a slide show from different times, you can copy to
a new folder without overwriting and they all sort chronologically.

This is only a problem, if you can only sort by filename.
But it's know, that many programs also support sorting by date, whis is
in many cases the better approach anyway.

With the right tools it's easy to correct date and time in the
exif-field of the images and set the filed date to the date in the
exif-header.
I can't see the problem with the numbering. For me, the file numbering
is only an estimate, how many pictures I've already done with this
camera... I just have to know how many times it already wrapped around
at 9999 to 0000 ;-)

bye
kruemi

--