Old April 7th 08, 04:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randy Berbaum[_2_]

Default Monopod, Unipod, etc.?

"Just D" wrote in message
"Randy Berbaum"

Guys, what are you thinking about this model? It already has a quick
Release Platform and I can add an additional one, the price is acceptable,
length is enough. Are you seeing any trap here?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...#goto_itemInfo

Just D.

Looks workable, but I can't say if it works for you. The one spec that may
be important is the maximum load. If your camcorder is large or your camera
is a large DSLR it is a good idea to check that the pod can support the
heaviest configuration you will ever present it. It "looks" like it should
handle almost any load you would put on it, but that spec is not on the spec
list.

BTW you say that you can get extra quick release plates for this pod, but is
it (or could it be made to be) the same as the one on your regular tripod?
It is handy to have both of them match so that you don't have to swap out QR
plates every time you decide to switch from a mono to tri or back.

Otherwise it looks potentially good if it otherwise will fit you and your
needs.

Randy