Old April 6th 08, 07:02 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios

Default Monopod, Unipod, etc.?

Ο "Just D" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
Could anybody give some recommendations to get a good Monopod or Unipod?
Btw, what's the difference, just the name or something else?

I found several items he

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...h&Q=&sortDrop=
Price%3A+Low+to+High&bl=&atl=&pn=1&st=categoryNavi gation&mnp=0.0&mxp=0.0&sv=
397&shs=&ac=&fi=all&pn=1&ci=397&cmpsrch=&cltp=&cls gr=&iso=Y

and I have no idea which one is better for me. I will use it for my Canon
GL2 (digital video) and Nikon D80 (digital photo) mostly for great zooms
and/or at night. I already have a tripod but I feel that it's not always
enough, one leg would be a better mobile solution. But which brand is
better, what parameters are important, how many sections, the weight to
carry, etc.? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Just make sure that the tripod/monopod has the little extra screw to secure
your camcorder, besides the threaded one that is used for both (the camera
and camcorder).

--
Tzortzakakis Dimitrios
major in electrical engineering