Old May 1st 07, 08:02 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Over G

Default can someone find me a Camera that has this demends ?

On May 1, 3:47 am, Michael Meissner
wrote:
"Jürgen Exner" writes:
Over G wrote:
1) 28MM lens . )start with this mnumber

Any of the major camera manufactures has 28mm lenses

2( have azoom of 10 andmore.

That's somewhat harder to find. Most people consider zooms with a factor of
10 to be way too much of a compromise and rather carry 2 or 3 separate
lenses. Most major manufactures won't go beyond 7x or so.

I think the original poster meant a self contained camera where you can't
change lenses. Not everything is a DSLR.

3( LCD )turning around .

I don't think there are any digital cameras without an LCD

I suspect the original poster meant with an articulating LCD like some of the
flip and twist Canon cameras (S1/S2/S3, etc.) that would for things like a self
portrait or shooting from waist level. Presumably the LCD would be used for
focusing since you don't really need to flip the LCD for review.

4(stabilizer.

Pentax has the stabilizer in the camera body instead of in the lens. Experts
are still arguing if lens or sensor is the better place for the stabilizer.

Off hand, I don't know of any camera that meets the specification. Lets see:

Canon S3 camera:
Has 12x zoom, articulating LCD, has IS, but starts at 36mm equivalent.

Olympus SP550UZ:
Has 18x zoom, has IS, starts at 28mm, but does not have an articulating LCD.

Ricoh R6:
Starts at 28mm, has IS, but only has a 7x zoom and no articulating LCD.

Panasonic TZ3/TZ2:
Starts at 28mm, has IS, 10x zoom, but no articulating LCD.

Panasonic FZ50:
Has IS, 12x zoom, articulating LCD, but starts at 35mm

If you really want the articulating LCD, you have to figure whether you are
willing to live with 35mm instead of 28mm. An alternative would be to use the
TV out functionality that these cameras have and use a portable DVD player to
view the LCD at the angle you want and use a SP550UZ or TZ3/TZ2. I could
imagine a mirror or some such could also be fashioned.

You can put a wide angle lens on the FZ50 and probably on the S3 to give you
28mm, but you might not have much zoom between 28mm and 35mm.

--
Michael Meissner
email:

ok first thanks.
yes, I could be more clear , I agree.

but, it is good t o see people open thier mind,
and instead of answering "sophisticated" answeres on DSLR
understand my question.

your answer is exectly what I asked,
I wonder what is the fuji stabilizer do then ?

thanks