Old April 30th 07, 07:38 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
MG

Default Convert video segments to JPEG

My brother has a problem, and I hope someone here can help. After a recent
trip to Hawaii, he discovered that a number of his pictures had been
recorded
by the camera as video segments rather than as JPEG images. Apparently he
inadvertently set a camera option to make that happen sometime during the
trip.

It seems to me that there must be utilities capable of converting video
segments to JPEG images, but I've never used such a program and don't know
where to find one. I'll do a Google search, but I assume that some of the
most
useful expertise is probably to be found in this newsgroup.

The pictures themselves are essentially static (after all, my brother
thought
he was taking still pictures), so I don't suppose they'll provide any
intrinsic technical problems of an insurmountable nature. Can someone
advise
us?

Bob

What format is the video in?
Many machines have Power DVD on them. (comes with the DVD writer/player).
This can capture jpgs.

MG