Old April 30th 07, 06:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

C J Campbell wrote:
As far as I know you are the only person I have ever heard of that has
said that the 60mm f/2.8 Micro-Nikkor does not perform well.

Thank you. I truely appreciate this clarification.

I readily admit that I don't own this lens. However I have been looking for
a macro lens for myself recently and the review at
http://www.slrgear.com/reviews/showp...duct/98/cat/12 for the
lens isn't all that great.
quote
At the end of the day, I'd have to say that this is only a mediocre lens,
not really worth its relatively high selling price.
/quote

Maybe the review is wrong, maybe they tested a lemon, maybe the reviewer
just had a bad day. I don't know. But if you are saying it's a decent lens
after all, then maybe I put it back on my list of candidates, too.

Thanks again

jue