Old April 29th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Jürgen Exner

Default Help me pick out a lens for the Nikon D80

C J Campbell wrote:
"Jürgen Exner" said:
Get the 18-135mm kit lens. [...]
except for the macro photos. For those
look at macro lens line from Sigma, [...] If you can afford
it, then the Nikon 105mm f/2.8D AF Micro will outclass any other
macro lens, [...] But it is _much_ more expensive.

Stay away from the Nikon 60mm f/2.8D AF Micro,[...]

Mostly baloney, especially the bit about macro.

I can easily see that different people have different opinions about which
lenses are suitable or "best", just like with everything else in life.

However I would honestly appreciate if you could elaborate a bit on why feel
my comments were baloney. I believe they are substantiated by actual test
results and therefore I have a hard time seeing why you characterize them as
such.

jue