Old February 19th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default BAMBOO LOVES THE FAB 5D2!

Annika1980 wrote,on my timestamp of 19/02/2011 11:39 AM:

That reminds me of the early days of computers when DEC had a computer
called the VAX.

Early days?
http://dcl.openvms.org/

As I recall the Operating System was pretty basic ... heck, it might
even have been BASIC.

Hmmm, you obviously don't recall well. It was one of the most advanced OS's ever.

You'd give it a command and if it was successful the prompt would say,
"Ready" meaning it was ready for the next command.

Urban myth. It said whatever you wanted it to say.
My prompt for a long time was a crocodile in character matrix.

three letters so SCR meant the Screen command and HEL might mean Help.

Akshally, SCR was never part or the whole of a command in DCL:
http://h71000.www7.hp.com/doc/83fina..._contents.html

Anyway, this one guy I heard about was having a helluva time
communicating with this beast and he got so flustered he started
typing in cuss words. He'd suggest something obscene and the computer
would dutifully reply with, "That command cannot be completed."
Finally, at wit's end, he typed, "Screw you!"

The computer answered, "Ready."

Never get in the way of a good urban myth...