Old September 27th 07, 09:41 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.point+shoot
RonTheGuy

Default Color accuracy?

Mike wrote:
I've a Kodak DX6340, recently noticed that some colors are not
reproduced accurately. A deep blue/almost purple flower I was
taking a close up of did not appear in the digital viewfinder
to be the correct color, nor the finished image as displayed
on my PC screen. It appears lighter than the real thing.
I don't know if this is typical for this type of camera
of if the sensor is aging? Camera is 4 yrs old and has been
used quite a bit. Do the sensors degrade over time especially
if exposed to bright sunlight? Thanks

Doesn't seem likely that the sensor has degraded. It's easy to imagine a
camera having difficulty metering an exposure properly on something of
that color, though. You might try a different metering mode or try
bracketing. Don't expect center-weighted or spot metering to get it
right. If you have manual exposure controls, try setting the exposure
for stuff in the background.

Ron