Old June 2nd 08, 11:01 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Default Now that "hybrid aspheres" are avail, where's the cheap "NoctNikkors?"

David Ruether wrote:
I got over my distaste for plastic when
I came to appreciate the toughness of the sheathing on the Nikon
FG and FA bodies, although I still prefer the look and feel of
AIS MF Nikkor lenses.

For the Nikon FA - I guess you had a black one?
If you had a silver one, then I'd be surprised to hear any comment about
ruggedness - because they weren't. (IIRC the black was polycarbonate or
similar - the silver one I had was some other type of plastic which did
crack quite easily - as I found out). Like the MacBook, Nikon charged a
premium for black. Unlike Apple, Nikon had a good reason.