Old October 17th 05, 12:03 AM

Default digibacks for vintage bodies - when if ever?

David J. Littleboy wrote:
wrote in message
news
What I want to know is when are we going to see digital backs for
Rolleiflex
TLRs and other vintage camera? I could think of a several vintage bodies
where a digital back could be fitted. Basically anyone where the back
door
can come off. Maybe when the market is saturated one of the makers might
take this on?

There's no point. If you can afford a digital back, a new shiny MF system
will seem like a very small amount of spare change. One digital back used to
come with a free Mamiya 645AF, and Rollei was (recently, they may still be)
offering a 'deal' on a 6008 system in which the camera + back was about the
same as the list price of the back.

David J. Littleboy
Tokyo, Japan