Old October 10th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.video.desktop
Paul Furman

Default Macro Panning Video as stop frame animation

Paul Furman wrote:

The overpriced panorama plate for rotation that I mentioned is still not
ideal because it doesn't have a micrometer knob that turns it, just to
loosen/tighten. Ideally one of these:

Here's a better model that I could not find used:
40mm rotation stage part number 124-0030 $200.00
http://www.optosigma.com/miva/mercha...otation+Stages
and for use on a tripod and camera:
40 mm Adapter Plate 40 x 40 x 6.25 $40.00 123-8220
http://www.optosigma.com/miva/mercha...de=Accessories

http://www.google.com/products?q=rotation+stage
Another solution could be an automated telescope mount which can be
programmed to follow pans & tilts on a set timer. I had to turn two
knobs for each frame and keep an eye on the live view to keep focus in
the center of the frame.

--
Paul Furman
www.edgehill.net