Old July 19th 08, 02:24 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.large-format
David Nebenzahl

Default 'new' metrogon quesiton - white internal rear parts

On 7/18/2008 6:04 PM John spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

Heed the 'Stones song: Paint It Black.

Aren't you curious as to whether there may be a reason they painted it
white? As counter-intuitive as it may seem, I'm sure you have come about
situations where engineering found a reason to go against common sense.

Actually, yes. It does seem counterintuitive, or just plain wrong.
Wonder if it was done for cosmetic (i.e., marketing) reasons. Richard?

It drags itself out of the dark abyss of pish, and crawls insanely up
the topmost pinnacle of posh. It is rumble and bumble. It is flap and
doodle. It is balder and dash."

- With apologies to H. L. Mencken