Old July 31st 18, 04:59 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,sci.engr.color,sci.image.processing
dale

Default ICC profile for a light box

On 7/31/2018 10:46 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jul 31, 2018, dale wrote
(in article ):

On 7/31/2018 9:58 AM, dale wrote:
CIECAM02 is a color model.

it is a color "appearance" model

a model is not an application, I would apply CIECAM with an LMS profile
connection space, that way you could have viewing/appearance "relevant"
conditions in/out of LMS from XYZ, uvL, CIELAB, etc. then through an
"absolute" profiles to/from images in the viewing environments

I am still curious as to your particular need for all this exploration into
profiles. I know that I maintain a color managed workflow starting with a
calibrated display, and camera/lens profiles. That gets extended into
printing where I use paper/printer specific icc profiles together with soft
proofing to get the best print results I can produce.

I still have no idea if you are a photographer struggling with a workflow, a
designer working with fabrics, an advertising exec, or somebody in the print
industry.

used to do development of these types of systems, over 20 years ago, and
now like to see where they are at, I keep up a resume just in case
something comes up, it is under "images" on the website in my signature

--
dale - https://www.dalekelly.org/
Not a professional opinion unless specified.