Old March 28th 18, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mayayana

Default I'm looking for a book on Photoshop - 'Inside Photoshop".

wrote

| Just curious, what search engine do you use the most these days?

Duckduckgo. It seems to be private. Occasionally
I use Google if DDG isn't adequate. And if I'm feeling
ambitious I sidestep the Google tracking URLs and go
direct to the site I want. I find that Google is better,
but DDG is usually good enough.

I resent Google trying to track every click, but
I also give them credit: Their site still works for
me despite disabling script and blocking pretty
much all of their other domains in HOSTS.

I haven't really used anything else for a while.
Bing was advertised from the start as specializing
in shopping. I have bookmarks for Ixquick and Zapmeta,
but I can't remember the last time I used either.
I'd be interested if there were a new one that
*only* looked for matching terms, and could handle
things like periods and dashes, but I'm not sure there's
a lot of difference between the different options.