Old March 15th 18, 07:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
newshound

Default A few birds and auto-focus be damned.

On 15/03/2018 17:25, Paul Carmichael wrote:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/wibble...57693769563304

That's all I got out of about 100.

It's the only auto-focus lens I own and that's the last time I use it in
that mode.

Still got some results there, though. And bytes are much cheaper than film.

Been there done that. Whilst I would love an X-T2 with the XF 100-400
for show jumping, I've got a few good enough pics with an X-E1 and the
humble XC 50-230. The secret of course is manual mode, and focus on the
fence with the magnifier well before the horse comes along. And use
burst mode (I can't time single shots like I used to be able to in the
days of mechanical cameras).