Old February 4th 16, 01:13 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_6_]

Default Ping: PeterN

On 2/4/2016 4:02 AM, MC wrote:
PeterN wrote:

A California Winter oak shot.
https://db.tt/DqR6V8S3

This image has a some potential. I like the basic composition.
Played around a bit, and tried to be subtle.
Modified the foreground to show a stacking
Modified the sky a bit to show some cloud detail, without
siskerizing. Added a tad of fog for mood.
Folks can play further if you like

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Duck%20Untitled-1.jpg

Well that didn't work did it?

nope! But it may start a discussion.

So why post something you knew didn't work?
Besides, there is no reason to post an edit of someone else's image
to start a discussion. If a discussion was warranted on the original
image, re advice on any improvement, posts would have been
forthcoming anyway without the need of some third party
bastatrdising the original.

MC

Then talk about it.

I do not want to talk about it. I have no opinion either way. I do,
however, have an opinion as to why someone would tinker with another
persons image, present it as an improvement (otherwise why post it?)
then admit the tinkering did not work, making posing the edit pointless
in the first place.

I have no problem posting something that did not work, with the
expectation of learning why. That is the reason I explained what look I
was seeking. I certainly do not consider that painting a mustache on the
Mona Lisa. Obviously it's your choice to comment or not. I hope you
change your mind, or post something else cor comment.

There has been too much crap going on. Let's try
to stick with your interpretation of the Ducks image and how you
would improve it, or why your attempt didn't work.

I have no inclination to interpret the image or offer improvement
advice. If I did I would have done so, without your contribution.

Heck, we have all
sorts of technology available. Let's use it, instead of talk about
which is better.

What? First you say you you want to provoke discussion then you say
you do not want to talk about it. I give up.

MC

I was referring to tool wars and flaming. Now since obviously you don't
want to talk about photography,

--
PeterN