Old February 3rd 16, 06:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Ping: PeterN

On 2016-02-03 14:28:35 +0000, PeterN said:

On 2/2/2016 11:19 PM, Savageduck wrote:
Since Alfred posted his OP "All-in-One PCs", and it was obvious to all
that it had spun off the rails into totally off topic drift, partly due
to android's idiotic X-Post, I have made a few attempts to bring things
back to photography. I suspect that was also Eric's intent. For whatever
reason it seems that rational discussion about digital photography is
futile beyond one or two posts and a handful of reasonable and topical

BTW: I notice that you didn't take my advice and strip
comp.sys.mac.system. from the distribution.

I don't know how to do it universally, but I stripped it from a lot of
my postings. I did not pay too much attention on a lot of them. I will
try harder.

Now that I have had my mini-rant, here are two shots taken today on my
ramblings. Not great shots or intended to be works of art. They are two
shots to fill your request for more posted images. These were limited to
ISO 800.

A California Winter oak shot.
https://db.tt/DqR6V8S3

This image has a some potential. I like the basic composition. Played
around a bit, and tried to be subtle.
Modified the foreground to show a stacking
Modified the sky a bit to show some cloud detail, without siskerizing.
Added a tad of fog for mood.
Folks can play further if you like

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/Duck%20Untitled-1.jpg

Well that didn't work did it?

nope! But it may start a discussion.

Your sky modification did Siskerize it, adding a color that didn't
exist, even hidden.
To solve the problem all that you had to do was add a Grad in either LR
or ACR with appropriate adjustments like so:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_474.jpg
to get;
https://db.tt/pewmbRHK

As for adding "a tad of fog" all you did was go to one of your favorite
tools, adding blur. blur â‰* fog, there are other ways of doing that. Take
a look at the Fog or Fog Grad filters in NIK ColorEfex.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_477.jpg
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_478.jpg

"Modified the foreground to show a stacking" has me asking why.

I found myself looking at the stump. To my eye a landscape should have
some type of stacking, i.e. foreground; middle and background. You
already had a nice background and middle. With the stump removed and
the grass slightly intensified, the trio was completed. Of course, that
is my thinking.

"Stump"?

...and my buggy.
https://db.tt/ps8A0PVR

I will not comment, other than to say, it's a picture of your car.

I told you they were nothing special, not great, not art, or anything
other than a click of the shutter.

As I said earlier, I disagree with you about the first, ii is a nice
capture that just needs a bit of tweaking.

Well thanks for that ;-)

Savageduck