Old June 16th 06, 10:31 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Default How to start your own website?

In article ,
Randy Howard wrote:
railfan wrote
(in article
.com):

Google is offering free website space, 100MB. Quite basic and simple,
with quite a few templetes you can use. I have two and they seem to
work pretty good. The user name you choose is in the URL -
http://yourchosenname.googlepages.com/. Can't beat the price!

And you can't tweak it and maintain it to suit yourself. As I
said, there is a tradeoff between super easy to use and
functionality.

If $6 a month is too much, then perhaps the pictures aren't
worth putting on the web in the first place. If you just want
free photo space, flickr seems to do the job.

Godaddy will give you 5BG (I think) of server space for about
$4/month. Add $10/year for your own domain name and you're set.

Look at all the free add-ons that come with that. I think there is
a photoalbum package.

That price also gives you php so if you want to fancy up your website,
someday, you'll be set.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m