Old June 16th 06, 08:06 PM posted to rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.technique.nature

Default How to start your own website?

Jimbo wrote
(in article
. com):

If I get my a$$ in gear, I should have a enough scanned pics soon to
load onto a website.

Where do I go to get a website? What's a good price? Are there any
where I can maintain the photos myself, rather than having them do it?

Dozens of options. If you want your own private domain name,
and not be tied in with other photographers, build your own. It
is real easy to do, even without prior experience.

First, get webhosting. Hardest part is finding a decent domain
name that isn't already taken. Start with www.nameboy.com

Someplace like godaddy.com is cheap and low-pain to set up
hosting. A few dollars a month for a lot of space.

If you're using a Mac, it's real, real easy. Rapidweaver is the
best choice, but if you want dead simple, iWeb which is part of
the iLife suite is even simpler.

If you want to pay someone to maintain it for you, something
like pbase might be a better option, unless you just have to
have it on your own domain.

I would expect to pay very much at all for a simple photo
gallery site today. competition is fierce.

--
Randy Howard (2reply remove FOOBAR)