Old October 20th 05, 05:36 PM
Johan W. Elzenga

Default Apple: Aperture not a Photoshop competitor

Randy Howard wrote:

What is the point of having a RAW converter, especially for pro
photographers that use Photoshop? CS2 already has the best RAW
handling available, and it is outstanding. That, plus Bridge,
make for excellent photo editing and management, without some
brain-damaged "database" pretend crap ala iPhoto. I have not
tried out Aperture yet, but I sincerely hope that it doesn't
bury photos in its own directory structure like iPhoto does, or
suffer from the 'crash of the hour' syndrome. iPhoto is the
absolute worst piece of software on the OS X platform, apart
from the obvious exception of Finder.

I use CaptureOne Pro, even though I also have and use Photoshop CS2. I
disagree that ACR has the best RAW converter. And Bridge is a nice (but
slow) browser, but totally inadequate for serious photo management.

--
Johan W. Elzenga johanatjohanfoto.nl
Editor / Photographer http://www.johanfoto.nl/