Old January 14th 18, 11:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David B.

Default I decided against the iMac Pro

On 14/01/2018 13:20, Scott Schuckert wrote:
In article , David B.
wrote:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8237273

I don't see where anyone is deciding against the iMac Pro because of
this - why the alarmist header?

I simply couldn't justify spending just a fraction under £5000 for the
new iMac Pro

That said, as a former Apple service manager I was a little, ah,
surprised by how automated product setup has become. In the last week I
set up an iPad and the new 4k Apple TV - much of the setup is simply
holding another of your Apple devices NEAR the new one, so settings can
be siphoned off...

My new machine was VERY easy to get 'up and running'! :-)

--
David B.