Old December 19th 06, 05:52 AM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
JC Dill

Default New Foto Tip column by Mark Alberhasky

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 08:56:29 +1100, "Wayne J. Cosshall"
wrote:

I think anyone who has worked as hard as I have on the site might find
the word crap rude.

How hard someone has worked on something often has little relationship
to the outcome. Lots of art is crap. Lots of new homes are crap.
Lots of websites are crap. I've been in fancy-smanchy restaurants
where a chef labored to put together some pretentious dish that
doesn't work and the result is crap. And ObPhoto - many photos are
crap too.

When you put your work out there, you are going to get feedback (no
matter if you ask for it or not). If you get a lot of feedback that
says your work is not good, then that's how it is. Shooting the
messenger isn't going to magically make your work better.

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA