Old December 18th 06, 11:26 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
James McNangle

Default New Foto Tip column by Mark Alberhasky

"Wayne J. Cosshall" wrote:

Ok, I get your point, though i can't help thinking you really don't need
to be so rude about it.

I am considering a redesign of the site and I'll take this onboard.

Good. I assume that you hope that people will come to your web site regularly,
but in its present form I find it quite repellent.

The biggest problems with it are that you try to carry all your baggage with
you, all the time, and you do not appear to have made any effort to sort it
logically.

I would suggest that the home page should carry a statement of what you are
trying to achieve on the site, together with a small number of links to
subsidiary pages for each major topic. These again should contain a statement
of purpose, together with links to pages covering particular aspects of the
topic. If you must carry advertisements, these should be placed so they do not
distract from the main topic of the page, and a particular page should only
carry advertisements relative to the subject of the page.

I would also suggest that you ask yourself what you really want to cover on your
site, and concentrate on those subjects.

You may like to have a look at http://www.cybec.com.au/, where I have tried to
put these principles into practice. Some of my holiday photos are shown at
http://www.corybas.com/Albums/Holidays.htm

James McNangle