Old December 18th 06, 11:38 PM posted to alt.photography,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Frank ess

Default New Foto Tip column by Mark Alberhasky

Wayne J. Cosshall wrote:
JC Dill wrote:

Rude? I didn't see anything rude.

It seems that perhaps you have a problem with your overly cluttered
page's content being called "crap" but really, to the visitor,
that's
exactly what it is. It's cluttering up the page and making it very
hard for them to find any valuable content.

Frankly, I find it very ironic that your site claims to be a
reference site for "Web design" given the site's own very poor
design. jc

I think anyone who has worked as hard as I have on the site might
find
the word crap rude.

Anyway, anyone here who has actually designed a web site with so
much
content will know it is a tough balancing act ...

snip

Anyway, there should be a new design ready in January.

Cheers,

Wayne

I think you should tell the crap-sayers to take a hike. You got to
figure anyone who is serious about taking advantage of your valuable
content will be willing to wade through chest-high crap to do so. They
just have to trust you that it is in there somewhere, and be
persistent; no other investment required. I mean after all, you are
offering important material all at your own expense, right? Why? I
wonder.

Here's another site with a lot of content, and it's clear the
designer* doesn't care if a casual visitor sees crap before finding
whatever jewels are distributed within it. Of course it's apparent
he's not attempting to be all things to all enquirers on any given
subject, either. It's just a friendly amateur offering a casual stroll
and (he hopes) pleasant experience.
http://home.san.rr.com/fsheff/index.html

--
*Frank ess