Old November 12th 04, 04:28 PM
Renee

"S Lee" wrote in message
Renee choreographed a chorus line of high-kicking electrons to spell
out:

[snip]

That's very original and very funny! : )

"Spot" as in a highlight on a surface? A totally white highlight
is not a good idea since it might not have any underlying color info. It
also might not be totally white, if the surface underneath is colored.
You can get a Custom WB point from a not-totally-white frame, but filling
the frame is safer. A small gray card or a fresh white index card can do
the job if you're holding it close to the camera lens, just make sure
that it is not in your own shadow.

Sorry, I'm probably not making my question clear. I guess "spot" could
technically mean something that I'm not familiar with. When I said
"Spot" I was referring to something white in the photo such as a white
collar on a shirt.

Also, when I said "frame", I thought the manual was referring to the small
frame in middle of the viewfinder or LCD, like the AF frame or Spot Metering
frame.

Does frame, in this context, mean the entire image in the entire viewfinder
or LCD? Or the smaller frame inside the window? Sorry if this is a dumb
question but the manual is not clear on this.

Thank you again for your reply

Renee