Old May 7th 12, 03:37 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
K W Hart

Default Ektachrome/Elitechrome Processing

"Michael" wrote in message
With the death of Ektachrome/Elitechrome announced, I bought a few rolls
to use and freeze from B&H. Most of the labs i've used for processing have
stopped E4 and there is nothing local at all. I used Dwayne when they were
doing the Only Remaining Kodachrome processing but always thought their E4
was not as good as their K14.

Anyone have a mail order source of a reliable quality E4 processing lab
for this last of the Ektachromes? I don't need push processing, just by
the book exposure in a Nikon F.
--
Michael

If I'm not mistaken (and I could be!), Ektachrome is E6 process. And E6
"kits" of chemistry are available from darkroom supply sources. Such kits
may have sufficient chems to develope about 6 rolls, more or less, and may
sell for around $25. Separate E6 chemicals are available in bulk from
photolab supply sources; personally, I'd recommend Trebla chems from CPAC.

If you are searching for E4 processing, I think you will find it nearly
non-existant. Except for some specialty labs, like FIlm Rescue International
in Canada. Finding E6 processors shouldn't be too difficult, depending on
where you are in the world.

--
Ken Hart