Old February 4th 04, 12:54 AM
Gary Beasley

Default one unsharp corner on prints? Help!

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 11:04:07 -0800, "Ed Margiewicz"
wrote:

Hello,
I need some help. I have been making some 8x10 prints from 4x5 slides using
my 150mm rodenstock rodagon lens.
For the most part my prints are full frame. I am getting one corner that is
not sharp and in fact it looks like movement. It always happens in the same
corner. I re-aligned my enlarger and assured my paper is laying flat. My
easel is totally flat. When I change to my 135mm Nikon lens problem goes
away. Prints made with my 80mm rodenstock lens from 6x6... no problem.
That I know of I haven't noticed this problem before with the 150mm lens.

Am I doing something wrong? Could it be the lens? Has anyone experienced
this before?

Thanks
Ed Margiewicz

Quite likely the carrier is not centered with the lens and you are
running the image outside the circle of sharpness of the lens.
Remember the circle of illumination and the circle of sharpness is not
the same. Most lenses lose definition when approaching the limits of
thier circle of illumination.
Does the corner sharpen up by much when the lens is stopped down to
f/22?
Possibly the lensboard has an off center lens hole in it.