Old October 1st 04, 12:30 AM
Louie Powell

"Roberto_R" wrote in
:

Hello,
I purchased a 500ml bottle of Kodak Photo-Flo. It's *concentrated*,
but I'm not sure about the dilution. 1:200? 1:600? There's no info on
the bottle (only health warnings)
Please note it's the french version (maybe different).

Thanks for suggestions

Roberto (Italy)

Roberto -

The concern with diluting PhotoFlo is not precision, but rather that you
want to make sure that the working solution is diluted enough. If
anything, it is preferable to use an even greater dilution rate than
recommended, especially if the water you use has low mineral content.

An alternative, not-so-scientific dilution rate for PhotoFlow 200 is to use
the bottle cap as a measure - use one capful of concentrate per gallon
(about four liters) of water. Half a cap is even better.

The purpose of PhotoFlo is to break down the surface tension of the water.
An excessively strong solution will leave a residue on your film that is
undesirable.