Old September 28th 09, 06:19 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Mike Russell[_3_]

Default Viewing Images on Computer Screen

On Sun, 27 Sep 2009 09:23:47 -0700, Gordo wrote:

I have a Nikon D80. OS is both Vista and XP, all updates installed. I would
like to connect the camera to a computer via the USB cable and view the
image the camera is viewing on the computer screen in real time. Can this be
done? And if so, what should I do. I should mention that the computer would
also be connected to a projecter to show to a class of new digital camera
users.

The D80 does support video output for already captured images. You could
display this directly. If you have other items on the computer screen that
are part of the presentation, use a video digitizer to put this image on
your computer, which you would in turn display to the class.

If you need to show the live viewfinder, experiment with attaching a web
cam - good ones are in the $100 range - to the camera's view finder.
Depending on how important using the D80 is, you could also get a Point and
Shoot with the functionality you need, and display the electronic
viewfinder.

--
Mike Russell - http://www.curvemeister.com