Old October 7th 04, 10:45 AM
Siddhartha Jain

scott wrote:
Maybe our 6mp sensors of today will be like this next year:

http://sharp-world.com/corporate/news/040916.html

That won't change the physics behind photography. The more light you
gather the more are the chances of getting a good image. And as I
understand, the bigger your filming plane (film or sensor) and the
bigger your lens (light gathering hole), the better is your image
likely to be.

IMHO, the need to shrink phones and have a big lens/sensor to capture
good images are opposite directions. Something, that'll never make good
cameras out of phones. Yes, it is very much possible that the quality
of images from phones might be so *acceptable* to general users that
they switch to phones exclusively for shooting.

Personally, I want a hot-pluggable chip in my head to snap and store
anything that looks interesting ;-) That will always beat carrying
around any equipment (phone/camera) on convenience and speed.
Cheers,

Siddhartha