Old January 11th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Color shift having prints done at Walgreens / Target

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Destin_FL" wrote in message

And the guy said that his preview window on the big printer press machine
showed
them looking correct too. Somewhere in the printing they went green.

Took them to Target.... same results, not as green, but still green.

I have to wonder about the sensors in the printer. There is a lot of green
in both shots and it may be picking up so much and not the skin tones.
Allison looks a bit pale on my monitor. Both girls are off center. If the
metering system is center weighted it may be over correcting that way.

One thing I have found is that these printers are very smart and can
correct and make acceptable pictures out of bad pictures. I color
correct everything in Photo Shop with a calibrated monitor so I know my
pictures are correct. I asked if they could disable all correction and
print my pictures the way I intended them to look, and I was told that
it can't be done and they are only taught one way to print. They don't
seem to know anything other than how to push start. I guess that is why
they have pro labs. I print at home and get results that are the same as
what I see on the monitor. I would like to find a place that friends and
family could take my pictures and print them for themselves, saving me a
lot of time and money.