Old January 11th 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.photo.digital

Default Color shift having prints done at Walgreens / Target

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Destin_FL" wrote in message

And the guy said that his preview window on the big printer press machine
showed
them looking correct too. Somewhere in the printing they went green.

Took them to Target.... same results, not as green, but still green.

I have to wonder about the sensors in the printer. There is a lot of green
in both shots and it may be picking up so much and not the skin tones.
Allison looks a bit pale on my monitor. Both girls are off center. If the
metering system is center weighted it may be over correcting that way.

If you search this site for "Fuji Frontier," there is information on
getting decent color prints. All the Wal-Mart photo centers I have
visited have one of the Fuji's, either a 370 or a 390.

http://www.drycreekphoto.com/index.html

If you really want to do it right, visit White House Custom Colour and
download their guidance on how to set up digital prints. There are other
online labs to be sure. My 11x14s from WHCC won awards this past summer
at the county fair. Very accurate color. Reasonable prices. I don't work
for them btw.

http://www.whcc.com/

Chip Gallo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chipgallo