Old March 14th 06, 11:00 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.medium-format

Default fuji GS645S

The lens is superb. I've used one of these as my "grab and go" camera
for the past 15 years. Despite the lens being ripped off in bicycle
spokes (which I put back together myself with simple jewler's
screwdrivers and tweezers), it still works great. Some of my best
photos over those years have been with this camera. It's seen extensive
action throughout France, Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Sicily, and now
back in the US. Best $650 (new price) I ever spent on any camera. I'm
now looking for another in newer condition so that when this one finally
bites the dust, I'll still have one to shoot with.

I also have the newer higher-tech sister the GA645zi, and the zoom lens
is absolutely as sharp as the fixed lens--- I certainly can't tell the
difference in an 11X14 print. But I actually like the all manual model
better and faster to shoot with (unless you use the programmed exposure
mode, which I don't usually in B&W).

Larry

Stacey wrote:

Got one of these on the way and looking for feedback from people who have
used one. I had a GSW6X9 and while it's 65mm lens was amazing, I found the
perspective too wide for everyday use. I hope this camera has a lens as
good as the 6X9 did and thought having a meter built in and the FOV a 60mm
lens has on this format would make for a good travel/all purpose MF camera.