Old February 24th 09, 12:32 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil Jones[_4_]

Default Tablet

J. Clarke wrote:
Neil Jones wrote:
PeteD wrote:

"Neil Jones" wrote in message
I purchased a Hanvon Tablet today at the local computer show. The
business owner was doing an excellent presentation with the tablet.
In December, I thought about buying one since I got a new digital
camera and wanted to get creative. :-)

For the demo, I don't know what software she had on the system, but
she was dragging and dropping flowers/people/landscapes which was
pretty neat. I do use GIMP, but she was using something else. Is
there any tablet specific software or plugins that make it fun with
digital pictures?

Please let me know if you have any pointers or recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

NJ

PS - The Hanvon Tablet (Painting Master) is pretty good for its
price. It was mainly designed for Windows systems prior to Vista,
so I had a hard time finding the recent Vista drivers at their
site. Overall, it works and is great for amateurs. It came with
tools/utilities that are more specific to documents and not
painting or digital pictures.

Neil,

One of the best programs to use with a tablet is Corel Painter
Essentials.

Cheers.

Pete

Pete,

Thanks for the info! It was amazing performance by the sales woman,
and was frustrating to me since I cannot reproduce it using my new
gadget. I will look into buying this software.

Note that if you're in the US Office Depot is listing the full Painter X
on their site for under a hundred bucks, which is not a lot more than
Essentials.

Thank you! That is a great deal!

NJ